Northern Escape Heli-Skiing:
Looking for Ski Guide / Lodge Manager
Northern Escape Heli-Skiing is looking for a talented, energetic skier to share their love of the
mountains with our guests. We are seeking a certified Ski Guide wishing to expand their career in the
ski industry by stepping into a management position overseeing operations at one of our three lodges.
Who we are:
Northern Escape Heli-Skiing is a growing company of passionate and creative Ski and Mountain Guides
based out of Terrace, British Columbia. Our terrain encompasses nearly 5000 square kilometers of the
Coast Mountains from the head of the Douglas Channel near Kitimat, BC, north to the Nisga’a Territory
in the Nass Valley. We offer exclusively small group heli-skiing (groups of 5 or 6) with a dedicated catskiing
back up area of close to 7000 acres. For the winter of 2019 / 20 we will be operating 3 heli-skiing
programs from 3 different guest accommodations including our brand new, remote, lakefront lodge.
Who you are:
• Experienced CSGA 3 Ski Guide.
• Professional, customer service oriented individual with an eye for detail
• Team player with a good sense of humour
• Excellent communicator and task manager
• Strong skier with a passion for exploration and a sense of pride in services you provide
What you would do:
• Coordinate and lead one of our 3 heli-ski programs in conjunction with the guiding team
• Supervise additional guides in the field
• Host and engage with guests to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
• Assist in the oversight of the daily lodge operations
• Some data entry
What we offer:
• Highly competitive wage dependent on experience
• Travel expenses to and from Terrace BC
• Transfer day pay
• 4% vacation pay included in day rate
• Guides training paid at full day rate
• Additional $15 per day training bonus
• Potential for growth within our company
How to apply:
If you feel as though you are the person described above and are wanting to grow and expand your ski
guiding career please contact, Ryan Merrill at:
Cat skiing Guide – Big Red Cats – Rossland BC Canada
Following 2 positions available:
- 1 Lead Guide – CSGA 3, AMGA, ACMG NZMGA ski guide
- 1 assistant guide – CSGA 2, AMGA, ACMG, NZMGA assistant/aspirant guide – with CAA 2 or equivalent
A great opportunity to visit Rossland BC, and work with a team of dedicated professional guides.
Big Red Cats is one of the biggest cat skiing operations – with 10 snowcats (5-6 each day for guests, 2 spare cats, 2 road building cats).
Big Red Cats has around 700 runs, spread out over 8 main mountains and a bunch of Ridge lines.
This is our 15th year of operation.
Some of the key points are:
- Term: 9 – 12 weeks negotiable. Late Dec to end of March. (Project based for the winter)
- Work Visas: We can arrange – But it can take up to 6 months to organize.
- Competitive pay rates. C$250 -C$450 per day.
- Accommodation – is not included but we can help organize.
- Guiding Language – English
- Guiding is based out of Rossland BC
- Must have the CAA operations level 2 or Equivalent
- Must have CSGA 2 or ACMG assistant guide – as a minimum certification level.
Any questions please call or email:
1 250 362 2271
M +250 231 3576 P + 1 250 362 2271
Email Ski@bigredcatskiing.com Web www.bigredcatskiing.com
Address PO 802, Rossland, BC, Canada. 2/4430 Red Mountain Road
Creating great teams of guests and Guides everyday to create unique catskiing adventures